Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The countdown is on

The Scotiabank International Blue Nose Marathon is my homepage.
Every day I watch the days till the run change. I get a little jolt every time. I wonder if I'll be ready. Then I do some mind over sore knees talking and feel okay.

This 10 km Blue Nose run commitment I have made is a quest. I am searching for the runner within. Inside this short and padded body of mine lies a runner. I've met her on occasion and I think she is fabulous. But she doesn't get out much.

My quest began on a treadmill. The runs that started as 1 min walk, 1 min jog for 10 minutes have increased weekly. This week is 6 min jog with a 1 min walk in-between for 36 minutes. My training increases weekly alongside my nerves. 10 km is really far. I have never ever run that far in my 41 years.

I want to be a runner. I want to run the Blue Nose 10 km. I just have one question.
Am I a runner?

1 comment:

  1. You want to run. You run - therefore you are a runner! It doesn't matter how slow, how fast, how far, how long - you move. You run because you want to.

    ReplyDelete