Saturday, May 29, 2010

And so begins the Beyond

Part one of this blog was to capture my quest to complete the 10 km Blue Nose race.

Part two is the beyond.

I don't know exactly what this means yet. I know it includes running. I want it to include yoga, swimming and weight lifting. The beyond work is finding my real body, what does it look like, feel like, move like without excess weight.

This beyond adventure is not removing fat to see numbers on a scale change, though they will. This beyond work is the next step in health, but I don't think I know what that means either.

I do know that I'm planning to do the Johnny Miles 5 km in a couple weeks with my kid. And that my husband and I are planning for the PEI 10 km in October.

I also know that on my birthday this year I started my day with a run in the park and had a great hike in the country with my mom in the afternoon. Gifts to myself.

The beyond feels mysterious right now but I think sweating regularly will help me find my way.

1 comment:

  1. Beyond is where the fun begins :) test yourself; you will be amazed what you can do. Run for fun. I set goals....they help me keep going :) Celebrate all of your steps forward!

    ReplyDelete