Friday, May 7, 2010

Tomorrow

So tomorrow will be my longest run ever. 60 minutes. It freaks me out, and excites me - almost equally. 60 minutes. 6 x 10 minutes with a 1 minute walk in between. I have never ever ever run that long.

Can I do it?

This wondering is packaged in fear. It feels mostly mental. I try and tell myself another story, one with empowering turns of phrase and some calming words. The belly butterflies, I observe them flit as I take a few deep breathes.

I can't not do it. I am on a quest and will not be defeated, or will I... ahhhhhhhh. Turn the page, turn the page, new story. This is about change. Changing my mindset, changing my limits, changing my understanding of what this bod can accomplish.

Distraction will help. I'm taking a new route and borrowing my kid's Ipod for some different tunes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment